HOW LONG CAN YOU HAVE EYELASH EXTENSIONS? Lash extensions last through a full growth cycle of natural eyelashes, typically six to eight weeks. That said, because each person’s lash growth is somewhat variable (just hair growth), I suggest light lash maintenance every three to four weeks to maintain a full look.
CAN YOU WEAR EYE MAKEUP WITH EYELASH EXTENSIONS? You can, but less is best. Mascara that is specifically formulated for lash extensions can be applied to the tips of the extensions. Oil-free eye makeup remover should be used to remove any makeup. Eye shadow and eyeliner can also be applied as long as it is oil-free and removed daily.
CAN YOU GO SWIMMING WITH EYELASH EXTENSIONS? Yes. The bonding agent we use is waterproof and allows you to shower, swim, exercise etc. Special care is required but overall maintenance is low.
WILL EYELASH EXTENSIONS DAMAGE MY NATURAL LASHES? When lash extensions are applied by a skilled and trained professional there is no damage to your natural lashes. We isolate each natural lash and apply the finest lashes with minimal adhesive to make for a light and fluffy set.
- Gently cleanse and condition your eyelashes in the morning and at night. Brush them once a day. The more they are kept clean, tidy and hydrated the more likely they will stay on longer without any issues.
- Use a lash growth serum such as EyEnvy. EyEnvy extends the growth phase of your lash cycle making them stay on longer by delaying the natural shedding process, thus extending the life of your extension.
- Use a proper lash shampoo or makeup remover product that DOES NOT contain glycol, organic solvents, carbonate, or high concentrations of alcohol.
- Use any products that contain glycol, organic solvents, carbonate or high concentrations of alcohol on or near your eye area.
- Use an eyelash curler. This may cause the extension and your natural lash to fall out prematurely.
- Rub your eyes or pull on your lash extensions as it may cause the extension and your natural lash to fall out.
- Use cotton balls or pads as this can cause fibers to adhere to your lash extensions.