Hygiene in the Lash Industry during COVID-19
Even with the government permitting businesses to reopen a lot of planning needs to be done to ensure the safety of clients. We – as lash artists – are required to be in close proximity with our clients. Thus, high levels of precautions are mandatory for all lash studios.
Here is a list of precautions that Bare Envy has taken upon re-opening:
1)Confirmation of client Health.
Health confirmation will be required from clients the morning of their appointment. A brief questionnaire will be emailed to you with questions like:
- Have you experienced any health problems recently?
- Have you come in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case?
- Have you travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, you will asked to reschedule your appointment.
2)Sanitizing ALL high-risk areas after every client.
This includes doorknobs, workstations, chairs, tables, switches, taps, equipment used for treatment, and beauty products. Cleaning agents like Preempt Disinfectant Wipes can be used for the process to minimize the risk of contamination.
3)Client safety comes first!
To protect everyone, strict hygiene protocols are mandatory. Here are a few examples of what to expect:
- Clients will be asked to wear a mask during the entire length of their appointment.
- Clients are asked to wait in their car until they are instructed to enter the clinic.
- Clients will be asked to limit the belongings that they bring into the clinic.
- Clients will have their temperature taken upon entering the clinic and they will be asked to sanitize their hands.
- Hand Sanitizers will be accessible throughout the clinic.
Bare Envy has ensured that client safety remains top priority at all times! I look forward to lashing you again soon.
Bare Envy Boutique xo