Shampooing Lash Extensions
The purpose of your eyelashes are to keep dirt out of the eyes. Dust, oil, and dirt can collect along the lash line, especially when wearing lash extensions, making it all the more important to clean them, daily. Cleansing your lash extensions is an important part of any extension wearer’s daily routine and just one of the ways to care for your lashes. This keeps them healthy and firmly bonded to your natural lashes. Foam lash cleansers are one of the best and easiest ways to do so!
How to wash your lash extensions:
- Step 1 – Use an oil free foaming lash cleanser. Gently cleanse the lash and eye area, stroking in the direction of the lashes. Focus your attention along the lash line.
- Step 2 – With cool water, gently rinse your lashes removing the cleanser.
- Step 3 – Once all the cleanser is rinsed out, allow your lashes to air dry.
- Step 4 – Brush your dry lashes with a spoolie to fluff them back up.
Poor eyelash hygiene side effects:
- Increased allergies and irritations – Debris such as pollen, dirt or allergens in the air can build up along the lash line, this is why washing is vital to keep allergies at bay.
- Buildup of dead skin/make up on the lash line: Excess buildup of dead skin or make up is not only unsightly but can make it hard for your lash professional to apply extensions properly. If your lashes are dirty, the bond won’t attach as well and the extensions may fall off early.
- Mites: invisible to the eye, mites can live in the opening of the hair follicle. They can cause problems such as Blepharitis, flaky lash line, redness and irritation or even premature eyelash loss.
Make sure you are cleaning your lashes regularly. Clean lashes = healthy lashes with better retention!